This file describes the new features in each poezio release.
For more detailed changelog, see the roadmap:
* Poezio 0.8 - dev
- The completion can now complete the current argument in the input,
instead of only the last one.
- Poezio now periodically pings the server to detect connection loss
- Improve the roster and the input (^R search, weechat-like
behaviour with long lines)
- Add a way to send text with multiple styles at the
- Background colors in themes are now fully supported (it
wasn’t for information text and nick colors, mostly)
- The logs now use the mcabber format in order to improve tool
reuse (plus, our old log format wasn’t parsable).
- The documentation now uses Sphinx/reST instead of AsciiDoc
- Add User Tune/Nickname/Mood/Activity/Gaming support
- More theming options
- Add xml:lang support
- Move to upstream sleekxmpp
- Add support for XEP-0296 (best practices for resource locking)
- Move the “config reload” signal to SIGUSR1 instead of SIGHUP
- Add a /disconnect command
- New style and API for /help
- Add a visual indicator of s2s errors in the roster
- Add an option (show_timestamps) to show message timestamps.
- Add an option (hide_user_list) to hide the user list in MUCs.
- Add a "reverse" theme option for highlight nicks that displays
the nick in reverse mode on highlight messages.
- Use get_wch() if available (introduced in python3.3) instead of our custom
way to read unicode input.
- Add an option to preload last logs into the conversation when opening a new tab.
- Introduce support for XEP 308, Last message correction
- Rewrite the Executor class to make remote execution more reliable, and
command easier to write (without a lot of escaping to do).
- Increase roster speed a lot.
- Add option to sort the roster more precisely.
- Add an option to avoid gap in the tab numbering when closing a tab.
- Add a /move_tab command, to move tabs.
- Add simple communication blocking support
- Add last activity support (http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0012.html).
- Add a /self command.
- Add a /runkey command.
- Support underlined text in the input with C-c u.
- Add support for /set <option> toggle, which toggles the current value, if
it’s a bool.
- Add a couple of (useless) funny plugins.
- New display of message errors/headlines
* Poezio 0.7.5.1 & 2 - Summer 2012
- Fix tracebacks caused by a change in Sleekxmpp
* Poezio 0.7.5 - 25 May 2012
- Plugin system
- Server-side bookmarks
- New keyboard shortcuts tuning options
- New keyboard shortcuts
- Attention support
- Invitation support
- Improved contact management
- New tab list
- Certificate check (TOFU model)
- New commands for sending stanzas manually
* Poezio 0.7.2 - 08 Nov 2011
- Huge speed improvements in both memory usage, text
refresh speed and interface resize.
- Chatstate notifications (in private AND in MUCs)
- /message command to talk to any JID
- /version command to get the software version of an entity
- /bind command, and keys can be bound in the config file
- Multiline edition
- xhtml-im messages can be sent and received
- 256 colors support
- themes are easier to create and load. They can use
up to 256 colors
- completion now works not only at the end of the input
- /affiliation and /role commands to administrate MUCs
- /export command to export your roster in a file
- data forms support (only for room configuration at the moment)
- documentation is now written in asciidoc format
- a *lot* of bugfixes
* Poezio 0.7.1 - 2 Feb 2011
- /status command to globally change the status
- /win command now accepts part of tab name as argument
* Poezio 0.7 - 14 jan 2011
Codename ”Koshie & Mathieui”
- Library changed from xmpppy to SleekXMPP
- Python 3 only
- Introduce the roster
- One to one conversations
- Roster search
- Add/remove/accept/deny contact in the roster
- Resizable mini-buffer displaying various informations
- All colors can be changed with a theme file
- Command auto-completion
- /say and // commands
- /recolor command, changing the nick's colors in a MUC
- /list command lets the user browse the MUCs on a server
- Warn user about publicly logged rooms
- Possibility to limit the number of history messages received from MUC
- auto-rejoin when kicked from a MUC
- The number of lines available to scroll down is displayed
- Possibility to use a modified nickname automatically when a nick is reserved
- A line separates the alread-read messages from the new messages
- Information messages are more colored
- Man page added
* Poezio 0.6.2 - 21 Jul 2010
- Lines are now broken between words and not in the middle of them
- /unquery command
- default nickname is now $USER
- Server on /join command can be omitted
- /query command can now take a message in parameters
- logs are now save in $XDG_DATA_HOME and this can be configured
- Available users now have a greater priority on nickname completion
- utf-8 characters (from the keyboard) are now completely supported
- Many new keyboard shortcuts (move the cursor, edit the line, switch tabs...)
- DESTDIR support in Makefile is fixed
- Completion on recently said words
- /join command now takes the current server if not specified in the parameters
- Many Bugfixes
* Poezio 0.6.1 - 13 Jun 2010
- Enable tracebacks
* Poezio 0.6 - 13 Jun 2010
- Private messages are handled
- Muc error messages are displayed
- Nickname auto-completion
- Users status are displayed in the MUC user-list
- Non-anonymous connection (registered nickname can now be used)
- An avatar can be set
- A minimal Vcard can be set
- Proxies are handled
- Status changes can be hidden if the user didn't talk for a long time
- A line displays informations about rooms we are in (new messages, hl, etc)
- Highlights are handled (we can specify a list of words)
- Various new commands (topic, kick, set, win)
- Password-protected MUCs are handled
- The dates of room history are handled
- The way the text is displayed on the screen has been rewritten, this fixes
the blink and the slowness-over-ssh problems.
- User lists are ordered
- Messages can be logged in files
- Status changes displays only what has really changed
- Users can be ignored (/ignore, /unignore)
- Various Bugfixes
* Poezio 0.5.1 - 2 Feb 2010
- Little bugfix release
* Poezio 0.5 - 1 Feb 2010
- Initial release